job board news
- BranchOut Social Jobs Site Grabs a Yahoo Exec: BranchOut, the professional social network built on top of Facebook, has hired Chris Merritt from his post as Yahoo’s VP of global advertiser partnerships. Merritt is an online jobs veteran, and last year helped sell Yahoo HotJobs to Monster Worldwide
- Linkedin reaches 100 million milestone: LinkedIn has acquired 100 million members, it announced last week. The site is now clocking about one million new LinkedIn members every week, the equivalent of a professional joining the site at one member per second.
- Internet Brands acquires AccountingJobsToday: Internet Brands, a company that grows vertical websites with a proprietary operating platform, said today it has acquired AccountingJobsToday.com, a job board and career development resource for accountants and financial professionals. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
- JobG8 Network Grows as Job Boards Scramble to Improve: Jobg8recently enrolled its 1,500th job board partner. Except for what it represents, it would be a milestone barely worth mentioning. Jobg8, though, is no ordinary network. It’s a B2B service for the job board industry, intentionally keeping a low profile among recruiters.
- Monster launches interview app: Monster.com has launched an iPhone and iPad app designed to help job seekers ace their interview.
- Indeed modifies site to reduce spam: The job site has been working “tirelessly” to isolate and remove spam. It has tripled the size of its search quality team, completed a review of nearly ten thousand Indeed sources, and developed signals to automatically identify poor quality sites.
- CareerBuilder launches Supply and Demand Portal: CareerBuilder’s Supply and Demand Portal provides even the most data-phobic recruiter a high degree of transparency into the demand for every category of worker and their numbers. It can even tell you how many in the last six months managed their CareerBuilder resume.
- LatPro Hispanic and Bilingual Job Fair Comes to Washington, DC: The National Society for Hispanic Professionals (www.NSHP.org) and the essential job board for Hispanic and bilingual professionals, LatPro (www.LatPro.com) are partnering to bring their successful job fair event back to Washington, DC. The event provides a unique forum where diversity conscious employers can meet with educated, highly qualified bilingual talent in a professional setting.
- Monster reports double-digit increase in revenue: Monster Worldwide today released its financial results for Q1 of 2011, reporting a double-digit increase from 2010. Monster reported GAAP revenue of $261 million, which included a $2.7 million purchase adjustment related to the HotJobs acquisition.
- Dice beats as recruiters pay up: The fast-growing jobs website saw Q1 earnings jump 80% to 9 cents a share, a penny over views. Sales rose 49% to $40.1 mil, above views.
- CareerBuilder reports 23% increase in job listings: According to the newest findings, CareerBuilder saw a 23 percent year-over-year increase in job listings in March, the biggest gain since the recession. The job board also said that almost every industry is recording increases, including healthcare, information technology, engineering, sales, customer service, manufacturing, financial services and others.
- The Conference Board Employment Trends Index increased again in March: The Conference Board Employment Trends Index increased again in March, for the sixth month in a row. The index now stands at 100.9, up from February’s revised figure of 100.3. The index is up over 8 percent from a year ago.
- When Using Job Boards, It Pays to Go Niche: While job seekers should never rely entirely on job boards, here’s a tip for when you do browse listings: Use niche sites.
This newsletter is produced by OnlineRecruitingNews.com, an alliance of top job sites serving specific industries, professions or regions: AfterCollege,AbsolutelyHealthCare, CallCenterJobs, CareerJuncture.com, GetAllJobs, JobsInHR, Recruiting Nevada, and TopUSAJobs.