job board news
- CareerBuilder launches online restaurant jobs portal: CareerBuilder has launched JobsOnTheMenu.com, a new site that connects job seekers and restaurant/food service employers.
- .Jobs Sites Go Offline: DirectEmployers took down its job boards a few weeks ago, while it makes changes to the platform.
- Dice Holdings: Investors File To Sell 74% Of Total Shares Out: Dice Holdings (DHX), which runs a variety of online job sites, made a shelf filing with the SEC to sell up to $50 million of common or preferred stock. More alarmingly, the company in the process also filed for the sale of up to 46,167,387 shares held by various investors – or about 74% of the company’s 62.4 million shares outstanding.
- Beyond.com Reports College Graduates Going Niche, Not Social, in their Job Search: Beyond.com, Inc., the world’s largest network of niche career communities, today released a survey showing that graduating college students rely heavily on their university career centers and prefer to use niche job sites over general job boards and social networking sites
- Social Recruiter KODA Receives $1.5 Million Funding Add-On: Job hunting community site KODA has received a $1.5 million add-on to its $3 million private angel funding from last summer.
- CareerBoard.com, Upgrades and Launches 35 Local Job Boards Across the U.S.: A recent partnership between CareerBoard.com and Jobg8.com has enabled employers to connect with local talent in 47 cities across the US.
- IAEWS survey seeks to answer how job seeker opinions of job boards differ from employers’: The IAEWS has created a survey to better understand how the opinions of employers compare with those of employment web site owners and operators.
- The Conference Board Employment Trends Index(TM) (ETI) rose in February for the sixth consecutive month: The index now stands at 93.5, up from January’s 93.2. During the past six months, the index increased by 13.4 percent (annual rate), the highest six-month growth rate since 1994
- Employers resume recruitment activity according to job-search engines: Some good news from Monster.com: During February, online recruitment activity rose in all major metropolitan markets, with Detroit registering the sharpest gain.
- New Hiring—Lately, It’s More of an Inside Job: Internal transfers and promotions accounted for an average 51% of all full-time positions filled in 2009, up from 39% in 2008 and 34% in 2007, according to CareerXroads.
- Scam preys on the jobless: The Better Business Bureau warns consumers of scammers hoping job seekers will open their wallets before doing their research.
- The 60-plus set can’t afford to retire: Seventy-two percent of workers over the age of 60 who are putting off retirement are doing so because they can’t afford it, according to a survey by Careerbuilder.com, a career resources web site.
This newsletter is produced by OnlineRecruitingNews.com, an alliance of top job sites serving specific industries, professions or regions: CallCenterJobs, AfterCollege, AbsolutelyHealthCare, JobsInHR, MinnesotaJobs, GetAllJobs, Recruiting Nevada, TopUSAJobs, and Top-Sales-Jobs.com.