job board news
- ICANN Says .Jobs Operation Violates Rules: The Internet’s addressing authority has ordered the manager of the .Jobs domains to fix problems with how it issues addresses within 30 days or face the cancellation of its contract.
- Indeed introduces resume upload function: Indeed officially announced that it is introducing Indeed Resume, a tool that enables users to upload their resumes.
- CareerBuilder posts big numbers in January: In January job board Careerbuilder achieved a milestone by marking more than 25.7 million unique visitors, the highest in the industry, according to comScore Media Metrix data.
- Monster adds multiple user interface upgrades: Monster has developed a job search mobile app for the Android platform, the latest application in a line-up that also includes apps for the iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Job boards provide 25% of external hires: Job boards in 2010 took a big leap into second place, with almost a quarter of all external hires being sourced there.
- Bullhorn and Jobaline team up to increase recruiter productivity: The two companies will be aligning to to increase recruiter productivity by reducing time spent screening resumes and improving the quality of their candidate pool.
- TopUSAJobs.com Wins WEDDLE’s Users Choice Award for Third Consecutive Year: TopUSAJobs.com has one again received the WEDDLE’s Users Choice Award for 2011. This award is given to the top 30 out of over 100,000 job sites. This is the third consecutive win for TopUSAJobs.com and the fifth win in the last six years
- Employment trends are up: For once, everyone is in agreement – February was a good month for employment. BLS said non-farm private sector employment increased 222,000 in February 2011.
- Hottest U.S. job markets in a cooling economy: But a few sections of the country have managed to dodge this economic carnage. The most prominent exception is Texas, which is home to three of America’s hottest labor markets.
- SmartJobBoard adds social features: SmartJobBoard announced the release of LinkedIn and FaceBook add-ons for job boards.
This newsletter is produced by OnlineRecruitingNews.com, an alliance of top job sites serving specific industries, professions or regions: AfterCollege,AbsolutelyHealthCare, CallCenterJobs, CareerJuncture.com, GetAllJobs,JobsInHR, Recruiting Nevada, and TopUSAJobs.