job board news
- SnagAJob.com Hits 20 Million: SnagAJob.com, a US-based website for hourly employment that earned around $18 mil in ’08, hit a milestone recently, topping 20 million registered users.
- eQuest Internet Job Posting Results for 2009: The majority of eQuest’s U.S. customers still prefer Monster and Careerbuilder as their preferred destinations when posting online job advertisements.
- TweetDeck Launches ‘JobDeck,’ Teaming Up with Twitter Job Search Engine: TwitJobSearch, a Twitter-based real-time job search engine, has partnered with TweetDeck to launch a dedicated desktop client dubbed JobDeck. The application uses the same technology as the TwitJobSearch site, indexing recruitment related tweets from across the Twittersphere.
- Yahoo! Results Exceed Expectations: Fourth quarter results for HotJobs.com parent Yahoo! show a 4 percent decrease in revenue from the fourth quarter of 2008, but this is still a better result than the company was expecting.
- More employers to boost hiring in 2010: Twenty percent of employers plan to increase the number of full-time, permanent employees in 2010, up from 14% in 2009, according to CareerBuilder’s 2010 Job Forecast.
- Reality Check: Dec US Perm Hiring Edges Higher, Recruiters Say: Recruiters said employers are beginning to plug a few of the gaping holes in permanent staffing that their recessionary cost-cutting measures produced, but the process is uneven and probably won’t kick into full gear before the second half of 2010.
- Grads discover finding jobs is harder work than expected: Just 60 percent of 2009 graduates had full-time jobs within six months of graduation, compared with a placement rate of 75 percent in recent years, according to the National Association of Colleges and Employers, which recently polled 10 colleges across the country.
- Social Media Impacts Both Geospatial Job Seekers and Employers: The “new idea” that candidates have discovered is that they can use job boards as a research arm to find relevant opportunities and then leverage their social media contacts to get an interview.
- Businesses hiring more interns in 2010: Employers are hiring more interns as a way of seeking talent.
This newsletter is produced by OnlineRecruitingNews.com, an alliance of top job sites serving specific industries, professions or regions. Read about posting news here or browse our member directory. Edited by the Job Board Doctor, Jeff Dickey-Chasins, it brings you news, information and research in online recruiting that you can use.