job board news
- Monster shares tumble, weighed by forecasts: Monster Worldwide Inc (MWW.N) forecast second-quarter revenue short of analysts’ expectations and a full-year loss that could be larger than estimated, and its shares dropped 9 percent.
- Craigslist Recruitment Revenue to Jump This Year: A new report says Craigslist will bring in $65.3 million from job postings this year, an amount rivaled only by the $36.3 million take from its adult ad listings.
- Dice Holdings, Inc. Reports First Quarter 2010 Results: Revenues for the quarter ended March 31, 2010 totaled $26.8 million, a decline of 9% from $29.6 million in the comparable quarter of 2009.
- LinkedIn Now Following Companies: LinkedIn has added the option to “follow” companies, promising this will put users on the “inside track”.
- Online Job Board Design Company Launches: Advance Web Studio has launched www.jobboarddesign.com, a dedicated job board design service.
- Job Board Industry Survey Results Released: The results from the job board industry survey are here, including questions about the effect of the recession, threats to business – and thoughts about the future of the industry.
- Dice Holdings acquires WorldwideWorker businesses: Dice Holdings Inc. said it purchased the online and career events-related businesses of WorldwideWorker, an energy industry recruitment site, for up to $9 million.
- HR Technology Is Turning Decidedly Cloudy: HR professionals worldwide are quickly turning to cloud computing and its variants to meet their key business challenges and as a means of closing the effectiveness gaps that currently exist between HR priorities and HR systems.
- Online job demand rose 222,700 in April, The Conference Board reports: Online advertised job vacancies rose 222,700 to 4,150,000 in April, according to The Conference Board Help Wanted OnLine(TM) (HWOL) Data Series.
This newsletter is produced by OnlineRecruitingNews.com, an alliance of top job sites serving specific industries, professions or regions: CallCenterJobs, AfterCollege, AbsolutelyHealthCare, JobsInHR, MinnesotaJobs, GetAllJobs, Recruiting Nevada, TopUSAJobs, and Top-Sales-Jobs.com.