job board news
- Dice posts large revenue increase in Q4: Revenues for the quarter totaled $37.9 million, an increase of 42% from the $26.7 million reported a year before. Dice attributed the growth to strong recruitment activity and the ongoing shift of recruitment spend to specialty career sites.
- Glassdoor snags $12 million in funding: Glassdoor, a free and anonymous jobs and career community that offers an inside look at companies and access to job listings, announced today it has secured $12 million in venture capital. The funding was led by Battery Ventures with participation by existing investors Benchmark Capital and Sutter Hill Ventures.
- Green Jobs Network Acquires Green Job Spider: Green Jobs Network, a leading resource for people seeking jobs that focus on environmental or social responsibility, announced it acquired Green Job Spider, the Green Job Search Engine. Terms of the transaction were not disclosed.
- JobCrank Partners With Indeed.com: JobCrank, a job board board that delivers job opportunities through social networking partners and other job boards, announced today it has partnered with job distributor Indeed.com. JobCrank will now be a publisher of Indeed’s job catalog.
- Generation Zero Group, Inc. Acquires Leading Physician Online Job Board PhysicianWork.com: Generation Zero Group, Inc. announced that its newly formed wholly-owned subsidiary MedicalWork, LLC has merged with StaffMD, Inc. As a result of the merger, the Company acquired StaffMD’s business known as PhysicianWork.com. PhysicianWork’s annual revenues have ranged between $700,000 and $1.7 million over the last five years.
- DirectEmployers claim 500,000 visitors for .jobs sites: DirectEmployers Association, operator of the 40,000 site strong .Jobs Universe, says its network of job boards has welcomed more than half a million visitors in the first three weeks after its launch.
- Hackers hit eFinancialCareers database: Financial services jobs site eFinancialCareers has had its database hacked, compromising its users’ information. The attack is thought to have left names, e-mail addresses, registered countries and encrypted passwords exposed. Users should be on the lookout for phishing e-mails purportedly from the site requesting personal information.
- Unemployment Remains Elevated – Especially in Youth: At the global level, the employment-to-population ratio, which indicates whether the employment-generating capacity of a country or region is rising or falling, declined as many economies are simply not generating sufficient employment opportunities to absorb growth in the working-age population.
- Job postings up dramatically: Simply Hired reports that postings rose 50 percent last year, with listings up 70 percent in December alone.
- The recession has improved punctuality, says CareerBuilder survey: The survey found that 15 percent of workers said they arrive late to work once a week or more, down from 16 percent in 2009 and 20 percent in 2008.
This newsletter is produced by OnlineRecruitingNews.com, an alliance of top job sites serving specific industries, professions or regions: AfterCollege,AbsolutelyHealthCare, CallCenterJobs, CareerJuncture.com, GetAllJobs,JobsInHR, Recruiting Nevada, and TopUSAJobs.