- Indeed adds 24 countries: Indeed has added 24 new countries to its coverage, bringing the total number to 53 (and 12 more languages).
- Dice sees a rise in revenue, adds Talent Network, Rigzone: Dice reported an 11% increase in revenue for Q2, beating analysts’ estimates. The company also added a social-media-themed service called Talent Network, and acquired Rigzone.
- Monster swallows HotJobs, inks deal with Yahoo: Monster Worldwide has completed its acquisition of Yahoo’s HotJobs for $225 million in cash and has sealed a three-year deal as Yahoo’s exclusive provider of job and career content.
- Coalition study finds ICANN .jobs comment review process flawed: The .JOBS Charter Compliance Coalition, a group of organizations and companies united by a common opposition against the .jobs vote, petitioned the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) last week to reconsider their recent approval of the .jobs expansion.
- .jobs domain expansion approved – RFPs solicited: The expansion of the .jobs domain to include location- and profession-specific URLs has been approved by ICANN.
- National private sector employment trends favor Texas, Alaska, North Dakota: A five year study found that the recent-half decade took a toll on most parts of the country. Forty states had fewer jobs in May 2010 than five years earlier and the nation lost a total of 4.51 million private-sector positions between mid-2005 and mid-2010.
- Smaller Gains in U.S. Employment Index Signal Slow Jobs Rebound: The Conference Board’s Employment Trends Index increased 0.3 percent to 97, the highest level since November 2008, the New York-based private research group said today. The measure, which has climbed since August 2009, rose 1.3 percent a month on average in the six months to April.
- Unemployed youth worldwide now 81 million: The ILO Global Employment Trends for Youth 2010 showed that there are some 81 million youth unemployed at the end of 2009 out of the 620 million economically active youth aged 15 years old to 24 years old. This is the “highest number ever,” the ILO report said, adding that the 2009 figure is 7.8 million more than the global number registered in 2007.
- SmartJobBoard releases job-wrapping service: SmartJobBoard has released a service that grabs jobs from any website and posts them directly to a job board.
- Jobg8 Announces Partnership with Job Board Web Site Creator JobMount: JobMount, a job board software product of Aspen Technology Labs has announced its integration with Jobg8, which provides an application allowing job boards to use filtering technology to locate qualified applicants for their customers and increase job content.
This newsletter is produced by OnlineRecruitingNews.com, an alliance of top job sites serving specific industries, professions or regions: AfterCollege, AbsolutelyHealthCare, CallCenterJobs, CareerJuncture.com, GetAllJobs, JobsInHR, Recruiting Nevada, TopUSAJobs, and Top-Sales-Jobs.